[mapserver-users] MapCache and a transparent layer

James_in_Utah James.Evans at hill.af.mil
Fri Nov 1 19:58:33 PDT 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to get mapchache working, and I have one layer that I can not
figure out.  I have a states boundaries layer, all vector data, and it works
fine when reading from the WMS.  I added it as a layer in my mapcache.xml,
and I can not get it to be transparent.  I've added
<TRANSPARENT>true</TRANSPARENT> to the params in the source.  If I look at
the .png files that are stored in the cache, they appear to be transparent,
but when my client tries to display the boundaries, they have a black
background and obscure the other layers.  If I look in the cache of my
client, at the.dds files that it saves, they all have a black background.
If I look at the.dds files the client saves when hitting the WMS directly,
they appear to have a transparent background.  Below are my source, and
tileset from the mapcache.xml.  Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks!
James

   <source name="RADESWMS States" type="wms">
      <http>
         <url>http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/radeswms.exe</url>
      </http>
      <getmap>