[mapserver-users] MapCahe question -- Caching the first coupleofzoom levels

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Mon Nov 25 06:05:00 PST 2013

> By "delete mode" do you mean reseeding?  The docs don't mention that
> this
> will delete anything outside of the zoom levels that I reseed, but
maybe it
> does.  I'll give it a try.

Nope. By "delete mode" I mean something like

mapcache_seed -m delete -c /etc/mapcache.xml -t testlayer -v -z 7,10

which would delete all tiles in the "testlayer" tileset from zoom levels
7, 8, 9 and 10
and should probably be combined with something like -o "2011/01/31
20:45" to only
delete files created before the specified date.
On caches of type "disk" you can also delete those files by appropriate
tools scheduled
on a regular basis.