[mapserver-users] preparing orthos for Mapserver?

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Mon Oct 7 07:22:27 PDT 2013

Hello,

To complement on this, and mainly for the records, you can refer to the
following page. Those are the commands to get an optimal result (tiff,
8bit, internal tiling, internal overlay) for speed.

http://mapserver.org/input/raster.html#raster-display-performance-tips

Note that the 8bit part can be counter intuitive, but I found out that
in many cases it reduced the disk space used and got things faster
without reducing the quality of the output in a human visible way. It
really depends on the data. I suggest you to try it and see the result.

Julien

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/