[mapserver-users] Using MASK to obscure areas

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 03:32:17 PDT 2013

Fabian,
For now you should "invert" your masking features, which is something
you can probably do rather easily with a few lines of geos code in
your python scripts. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as being
able to mask out a pre-exisiting map state, but this is something that
would be possible to implement with the "source" compositing operator,
and that I would like to see coming into mapserver along with other
compositing operations (e.g. multiply). I don't have any funding for
this at the time being, so the timeframe for this actually happening
is still very uncertain.

cheers,
thomas