[mapserver-users] Mapcache with mapfile as layer

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Sep 19 18:18:34 PDT 2013

Try it, it might work, I don't remember, but you still have the problem
of invalidating the tiles when you changes the mapfile. But seriously,
your approach seems a little haphazard. Also how often to you make
mapfile changes? how did you deal with the invalidating cache problem
before?

The big difference here is that mapcache is using mapserver as a WMS
source and therefore it has to conform to the WMS rules.

Anyway, Thomas is the one that you would need to convince or fund if you
want changes to the existing behavior. Meanwhile it would be worthwhile
your time to figure out how it curently works before asking for features
that might already exist. It has been a few months since I setup a
mapcache instance and I know there have been changes that I'm not on top
of in the newest  release.

-Steve