[mapserver-users] tinyows and postgresql schemas

Antonio Vico avicomartin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 05:13:40 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am testing tinyows in OSGeo Live 7 and get errors when I use a schema
different at "public".

I use a simple XML file for configure tinyows and I started usig the
default schema "public" with success (I created my own database and my
table in "public" schema), but when I move this table to a new schema,
tinyows show this error

/usr/lib/cgi-bin/tinyows --check
NOTICE:  Function postgis_topology_scripts_installed() not found. Is
topology support enabled and topology.sql installed?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport
  xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
  xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
  xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
  xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
  version='1.1.0' language='en'>
<ows:Exception exceptionCode='RequestSqlFailed' locator='pkey_sequence
retrieve'>
<ows:ExceptionText>Unable to use pg_get_serial_sequence.</ows:ExceptionText>
</ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

It is not a database permission problem (the user is superuser) and when
I move the same table to "public" schema (with pgAdmin) tinyows connect
successfully.

Here my tinyows configuration file:

<tinyows online_resource="http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/tinyows"
      schema_dir="/usr/share/tinyows/schema/">
<pg host="127.0.0.1" user="user" password="user" dbname="Inventari"
port="5432"/>
<metadata name="TinyOWS Server"
         title="TinyOWS Server - Demo Service" />
<layer name="Accesos"
          title="Accesos"
      ns_prefix="Tgn"
      ns_uri="http://www.tinyows.org"
      table="Accesos"
      schema="Tgn"
      retrievable="1"
      writable="1">
</layer>
</tinyows>

How can I connect to a table in a schema different to "public"?