[mapserver-users] WMS Server Optimization?

Lars Lingner gislars+list at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 3 00:04:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

thats an interesting case. Like Jukka said, could you check your Apache
log files and identify the request URL send by AutoCad?

I would run these request by hand and check the resulting image. For
comparison it would be interesting to do this also with a request from
GrobalMapper or other clients who run normally.

MapServer itself can also write timing information to the log file.
Enable debugging by adding "DEBUG 3" at map level (see docs for more
settings). Than you will see how much time each layer as well as the
whole map needed to complete. Maybe these information can help.

Best wishes,

Lars