[mapserver-users] WMS Server Optimization?

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Apr 3 14:22:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

You seem to use the name of the whole service "rastersample" in &layer=. That will mean that all layers on the service are requested. And then you control the 5 and 2 m layers by using min/maxgeowidth in layers.
I have never tried such configuration myself but probably it should work. However, it is a bit hard to understand what really happens.

Could you comment out the min/maxgeowidth lines and make AutoCAD to use direct calls to 5 m and 2 m layers? Or have you already done it?  If maxgeowidth works then your request with a big BBOX (wider than 8 km) should never start rendering from the 2 m layer "2013-12-23".

More common way to do what you plan is to create a GROUP from 5 m and 2 m layers and control visibility with min/maxscaledenom. But I do not say that what you do is wrong, I have just never tried it.

-Jukka Rahkonen-