[mapserver-users] mapcache wmts offset

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 00:35:30 PDT 2014

Hi,
mapcache by default aligns its tiles starting from the lower-left
corner whereas WMTS expects them to start from the upper-left. While
the generated capabilities doc correctly identifies this behavior,
most WMTS clients will not support this if they don't do the
capabilities parsing themselves. You have two workarounds:
- create a grid where maxY is constant throughout your chosen
resolutions (the google and wgs84 grids respect this convention)
- use a recentish mapcache that supports setting the grid origin
activated with <grid origin="top-left">.

In both cases, you will have to fully recompute your cache as the
addressing of the tiles will have been changed.

cheers,
thomas