[mapserver-users] TileIndex and relative paths

Lars I. Nielsen lin at hvenegaard.dk
Thu Apr 24 06:32:46 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm using Mapserver to display a raster, that I've split into multiple tiles for performance reasons.

The shape file I'm using for tile index have no path in the Location field, just the file name of the raster tile. And each tile (png) is accompanied by a wld file.

I've previously used absolute paths in my tile indexes, but this is not feasable in this project.

It looks like entries in a tile index is attempted read from the folder defined by the environment variable SHAPEPATH.

I would have thought that entries without path were to be considered relative to the tile index table itself.

Is there a way to force Mapserver to fetch the tiles relative to the tile index instead of relative to SHAPEPATH ?

Cheers.

Kind regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars I. Nielsen
Landinspektør, Senior GIS Programmør og Konsulent
Hvenegaard Landinspektører A/S
Rugaardsvej 55, DK-5000 Odense C
Denmark
Tel. +45 6313 5050