[mapserver-users] Postgres SQL oddity . . .

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Dec 15 14:08:41 PST 2014

Ahh, fixed it.  Mapserver doesn't like the ' * ' in the SQL , at least not on the end . . . hmm, I wonder if it needs (should be)  to be escaped in a subquery??  I took that out and added in a couple of key columns I needed . . .

This works now:

DATA "the_geom from (

                        select
                                distinct on (vname) vname,
                          the_line as the_geom,
                                st_length(st_transform(the_line, 26993)) as feet,
                                (DATE_PART('day', now() - acqtime) * 24 +
                                        DATE_PART('hour', now() - acqtime) * 60 +
                                        DATE_PART('minute', now() - acqtime)
                                        ) as elapsed_min  -- Compiled minutes since last major move of asset.
                        from
                                loc
                        where
                                st_length(st_transform(the_line, 26993)) > 30  -- GPS error
                        order by
                                vname desc

                                        ) as subquery using unique vname using srid=200068"

Bobb