[mapserver-users] Map collaring techniques.

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Sat Dec 20 07:48:22 PST 2014

Bob,

   Years ago we had experimented with using Mapserver to do automated
mapping (to produce printed maps 34 x 46 inches).  The maps were of
pipeline alignments and needed to be rotated so the pipeline was roughly
parallel to the X axis of the paper.  And they required imagery as a
backdrop.  And they required a [rotated] labelled graticule. In the end
we had to use a combination of Mapserver, Arcview, and custom s/w.

   Let me know how your efforts turn out...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser