[mapserver-users] CADRG A.TOC

Francis, Mike mfrancis at srcinc.com
Tue Jul 29 08:16:34 PDT 2014

I am attempting to load CADRG maps into MapServer 6.4.1 using an RPF TOC file.  I have attempted to load the A.TOC file directly via the DATA tag inside a LAYER as well as using a shape index file created by gdaltindex.

Has anyone successfully loaded an RPF TOC file into MapServer?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Direct TOC File:
-------Map File--------------

LAYER

    NAME "TEST"

    TYPE RASTER

    STATUS ON

    DATA "CADRG_100_AZ/rpf/A.TOC"

    METADATA

      "wms_srs"   "EPSG:4326"

      "wms_title" "Test"

      "wms_name" "Test"

    END

  END

--------WMS GetMap Error-------------------
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'TEST'

--------sh2img error---------------------

shp2img -m earth.map -o test.png -all_debug 5
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'TEST'

TILEINDEX Tag:

gdaltindex index.shp NITF_TOC_ENTRY:CADRG__100K_2_0:CADRG_100_AZ/rpf/A.TOC

------Map File-------

LAYER

    NAME "TEST"

    TYPE RASTER

    STATUS ON

    TILEINDEX "index.shp"

    METADATA

      "wms_srs"   "EPSG:4326"

      "wms_title" "Test"

      "wms_name" "Test"

    END

  END

shp2img -m earth.map -o test.png -all_debug=5
No errors but the output image(test.png) is all white.

------WMS GetMap Error---------
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'TEST'
msDrawRasterLayerLow(): Unable to access file. Corrupt, empty or missing file 'NITF_TOC_ENTRY:CADRG__100K_2_0:CADRG_100_AZ/rpf/A.TOC'

Thanks,

Mike Francis