[mapserver-users] Σχετ: Σχετ: Σχετ: Mapserver can't read mapfile

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Mon Jun 2 09:04:08 PDT 2014

Correction about the last one: I had a typo in the path when running the mapfile straight in the browser. The correct is http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/stefanos/mapdata/dasarxeia.map&mode=map

and it still appears a blank page.

-Stefanos

Στις 6:57 μ.μ. Δευτέρα, 2 Ιουνίου 2014, ο/η Stefanos Anastasiou <emperor_stef at yahoo.gr> έγραψε:

Hi Jeff,
thanks for your reply.
- I indeed used the ogrinfo utility and I gave me the extent in GCS_GGRS_1987. So I transformed the coordinates to WGS84.

- I also had my moved my data one folder up (that is also my Shapepath /home/mapdata/data/) just to make sure.

-The output of "shp2img -m dasarxeia.map -o test.png -all_debug 3" gives me the following:

[Mon Jun  2 18:48:09 2014].50643 msLoadMap(): 0.001s
[Mon Jun  2 18:48:09 2014].54233 msDrawMap(): rendering using outputformat named jpeg (AGG/JPEG).
[Mon Jun  2 18:48:09 2014].54749 msDrawMap(): Layer 0 (Dasarxeia), 0.000s
[Mon Jun  2 18:48:09 2014].54951 msDrawMap(): Drawing Label Cache, 0.000s
[Mon Jun  2 18:48:09 2014].55124 msDrawMap() total time: 0.004s
[Mon Jun  2 18:48:09 2014].75257 msSaveImage(test.png) total time: 0.020s
[Mon Jun  2 18:48:09 2014].75714 shp2img total time: 0.026s

Another weird thing I noticed is that if I try to run the mapfile itself on the browser (http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/stefanos/mapdata/dasarxeia.map&mode=map) it gives me an error
-----> msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (/home/stefanos/mapdata/dasarxeia.map)
The permissions that are set for the mapfile are:  -rw-rw-rw-

I was also wondering if it is some kind of a configuration in Apache's http.conf

Thanks

-Stefanos

Στις 3:57 μ.μ. Δευτέρα, 2 Ιουνίου 2014, ο/η Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> έγραψε:

Hi Stefanos,

Some comments:

- the best way to get the exact extent is to use the ogrinfo commandline
utility with the "-summary" switch:

  ogrinfo dasarxeia.shp dasarxeia -summary

- be careful with your SHAPEPATH, if your file is
/home/mapdata/data/dasarxeia.shp then I would put for your SHAPEPATH
"/home/mapdata/data/"

- when using shp2img, at the end of the command add "-all_debug 3" to
see more useful error messages/notices

- sometimes extent values in QGIS can be confusing, because sometimes it
can display the data in a different projection without you knowing it
(Project Properties/CRS/Enable 'on the fly' transformation)...so be careful

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2014-06-01, 4:31 PM, Stefanos Anastasiou wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I came to this old post once again and I tried the above mentioned.
> shp2img still produces an image which is blank or whatever the color of
> the mapfile is defined. On the other hand I checked the EXTENT once
> again and it was wrong so I changed to the appropriate one (EXTENT 17.00
> 33.00 32.00 42.00) which I checked on
 QGIS in WGS84 so it should be