[mapserver-users] layer groups

Malm Paul paul.malm at saabgroup.com
Thu Jun 5 05:30:01 PDT 2014

Hi,
I'm sorry to bother you with a question like this, but I have not found any information.

I have a  map file which INCLUDES a lot of layer files.
The layer files defines all layers of a chart.
All the layers in the all layer files are assigned to a GROUP.

When I'm connecting to the wms I would just like to get the GROUP, now I'm getting the GROUP, all separate layers and the whole map. This results in 3 times to much data.

The connection URL I'm using in WorldWind is:http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/tmp/test.map?SERVICE=WMS?REQUEST=Getmap?VERSION=1.1.1?LAYERS=BASE

The map file looks like this:
#------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAP
NAME 'test'
CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "/usr/src/mapserver/usr/local/share/proj"
EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
SIZE 800 800
RESOLUTION 300
DEFRESOLUTION 72
  PROJECTION
   'init=epsg:4326'
  END
  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME 'AGG'
    DRIVER AGG/PNG
    IMAGEMODE RGB
  END
  WEB
    IMAGEPATH '/tmp/'
    IMAGEURL '/tmp/'
    METADATA
      "ows_enable_request"   "*"
      'wms_title'           'S57TEST'
      'wms_srs'             'epsg:4326'
    END
  END
    INCLUDE 'DE110000.lay'
    INCLUDE 'FI2SAISE.lay'
END
#---------------------------------------------------------------------

All layer files looks almost the same but with different connections, the GROUP "BASE" is used to group the same type of layers from different charts.
And the lay files typically looks like this:
#------------------------------------------------------------------
LAYER
  DATA "LNDARE"
   NAME "Ground3"
   GROUP "BASE"
   METADATA
       "wms_title"     "Ground3"
   END
   TYPE POLYGON
   STATUS ON
   CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "/tmp/ENC_ROOT/EE/EE3A0403/2/0/EE3A0403.000"
   PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
    MAXSCALEDENOM 600000
   CLASS
        STYLE
          COLOR 222 205 139
                             END
   END
END
#####  Seabed layers from scale 3 ######
LAYER
  DATA "SBDARE"
    NAME  "Seabed_Area3"
    GROUP "BASE"
    METADATA
        "wms_title"     "Seabed_Area3"
    END
    TYPE POLYGON
    STATUS ON
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "/tmp/ENC_ROOT/EE/EE3A0403/2/0/EE3A0403.000"
    PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
    MAXSCALEDENOM 600000
    CLASS
        NAME "Seabed_area"