[mapserver-users] WFS and WMS

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Jun 13 05:56:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

I will need to make one first. I am going to use the famous "states.shp" that is used as one of the demo layers of Geoserver. I would say that we should have something similar for Mapserver, a bunch of mapfiles and some demo datasets that could be dropped on the server so that they just work and users could see examples about how to make layers from shapefiles, geotiffs, tileindexes, and OGR connection and set up WMS, WFS and WCS services, activate GetFeatureInfo, use labels and  layer groups with min/maxscaledenom and so on.  That would also be a great help when reporting and resolving bugs because all parties could have the same data on their computers without pain. An official demo server would be a great supporting resource and people could send just links like "See, this one is advertised as a Mapserver WFS in http://demo.mapserver.org/ but hey, it is WMS at the same!"

http://demo.mapserver.org:8080/cgi-bin/wfs?REQUEST=GetMap&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&WIDTH=459&HEIGHT=346&LAYERS=cities&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&BBOX=-185.53624949999997,-128.25123742265794,186.75224949999998,152.38453742265796&SRS=EPSG:4326&STYLES=

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Malm Paul wrote:

Yes please,
if you have one I would be grateful.