[mapserver-users] Saving mapfiles into GPKG and Spatialite?

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 07:59:26 PDT 2014

Hi Jukka,

some time ago we fund the work of Furieri to enhancement on spatialite
the for storing the metaata ISO19115 and all kind of XML stiles (like
SLD and any other kind of XML) and also the SVG ofcourse.

Our plan was to go forward an automatic and compliant support of the
styles onqgis and of course also on mapserver.

Unfortunately the release of geopackage and also the lack of
spatialite support on qgis will break our plan.
A definitively stop to our plans was when on qgis was insert an
uncompliant storing of qml styles using a blob field instead of the
XMLBlob that Furier add to the last 4.1.1 spatialite.
This will mean that on qgis there was no optio to support a
standardized version of style storing.

After this we remap out plans, and go to see forward the
gdal approach.

Also we see with interest (and funding options) to the autostyle .
Our plan now is to enhance the gdal driver for spatialite to be able
to read/write from the standard tables XB on spatialite 4.1.1 for
metadata, styles and SVG.
Also we like to use the Autostyle capabilities of gdal to create a
standard style for rendering.

Actually 'm study the auto-style of gdal to see how much they can map
a rendering of QGIS/QGIS-Server  and of MapServer (out main
softwares).

Regards,

Andrea.