[mapserver-users] Force label rendering without overlapping

aborruso aborruso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:09:41 PST 2014

Hi all,
I would like to render all the label of a polygon. I know that the only
solution I have for my geometries is to use LEADER.

But I have some problems. If I do not set FORCE TRUE, the labels overlap
each other and I have no LEADER line. In the below image two results I have
with Mapserver, and a sketch of my goal.

Is there a way to have a greater number of labels and leader lines?

Below my layer setting.

I'm using MapServer version 6.4.1 with GDAL 1.10.1, released 2013/08/26.

Thank you very much,

Andrea

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5107466/2014-03-04_16h57_04.png>

LAYER
    CLASSITEM "Status"
    CONNECTION "mappa_di_base.shp"
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    FILTER ('[Status]' eq '3' OR '[Status]' eq '2' OR '[Status]' eq '1')
    LABELITEM "ID"
    METADATA
      "coordsys_name"	"Popular Visualisation CRS / Mercator (deprecated)"
    END # METADATA
    NAME "geo_32633"
    STATUS ON
    TEMPLATE "query"