[mapserver-users] Migrating from MS4W to GISInternals

EVANS, JAMES R GS-13 USAF ACC 84 RADES/SCZE james.evans.4 at us.af.mil
Sat Mar 15 09:40:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've been trying to get the .msi installation package from GISInternals to install on my Win7-64Bit machine at work.  IIS 7 is installed, and the machine is on a domain.  I’m an admin on the local machine, but not on the domain.  The package works just fine on my Win7-32bit machine at home.  I'm not an expert on IIS, so I'm really not sure what the problem is.  It's probably some sort of permissions problem.  I've given my login, and IIS_USRS full control over the default website.  The install fails at a point where I see a message saying "Starting IIS Metabase Transaction".   Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks,
James