[mapserver-users] Migrating from MS4W to GISInternals

EVANS, JAMES R GS-13 USAF ACC 84 RADES/SCZE james.evans.4 at us.af.mil
Mon Mar 17 06:30:04 PDT 2014

Hi Tamas,
Two other quick questions.  Under my MS4W version, I was getting transparency for the following layer:

   LAYER
      NAME "States"
      METADATA
         "wms_title" "States"
         "wms_name" "States"
         "wms_extent" "-180 -90 180 90"
         "wms_srs" "ESPG:4326"
         "wms_style" "Default"
      END

      GROUP Features
      STATUS ON
      TYPE POLYGON
      DATA "d:\\MapData\\states\\ne_10m_admin_1_states_provinces_shp"
      LABELITEM "name"
      CLASS
        STYLE
            #COLOR 246 241 223
            OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 250
         END
         LABEL
            COLOR 255 0 0
            POSITION AUTO
            MAXSCALEDENOM 40000000
         END
      END
      MAXSCALEDENOM 1000000000
   End

Under this version, it's not transparent.  It has a black background.  This is the same with another vector set.  Any idea why that would change?

Also, I don't seem to be able to access the gdal minidrivers.  It's probably a permission problem.   Here's my layer:

   LAYER
      NAME "GNC_Tiled"
      DATA "d:\\mapdata\\GNC.xml"
      GROUP Tiled
      TYPE RASTER
      STATUS ON
   END

The error I get says that it cannot access the file GNC.xml.  I've tried putting the file in the mapserver directory, and hard coding the path to the file.  Nothing seems to work.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
James