[mapserver-users] IE8(!) transparency issues

Charlie Allgrove charlie.allgrove at bsgwireless.com
Wed Mar 19 07:59:54 PDT 2014

Hi

I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been asked, but I'm having real
issues with IE8 handling transparencies correctly.

My map file is correctly creating tiles in RGBA mode using PNG24 symbols
(including transparency) as data markers. Once the layer is rendered on a
Google Map (at 60% opacity) everything is fine in any non-IE browser and
IE>=9. IE8 doesn't handle the double opacity at all well and shows grey
outlines around the markers.

Is this a Google issue or can I do something different in my map file to
generate the tiles differently?

Relevant sample from map file:

SYMBOL

    NAME 'cloud_500'