[mapserver-users] WMS GetFeatureInfo as JSON/GeoJSON

Jakub Štambachr stambikk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 04:14:41 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've been trying to make mapserver return wms getfeatureinfo as json  but to
no success (so far I've been using text/html header, content, footer
templates).

I followed instructions here:
http://mapserver.org/output/template_output.html

My mapfile looks like this:

MAP

.

OUTPUTFORMAT

  NAME "geojson"

  DRIVER "TEMPLATE"

  MIMETYPE "application/json"

  FORMATOPTION "FILE=template/geojson.js"

END

.

  WEB

.

  QUERYFORMAT "geojson"

.

  LAYER

TEMPLATE "template/geojson.js"

       METADATA

wms_enable_request" "*"

wms_feature_info_mime_type" "gml text/html text/plain"

.

As a template I used a slightly modified version of JSON example found here
http://mapserver.org/output/template_output.html#examples
<http://mapserver.org/output/template_output.html%23examples> :

// mapserver template

[resultset layer=mums]

{

  "type": "FeatureCollection",

  "features": [

    [feature trimlast=","]

    {

      "type": "Feature",

      "id": "[myuniqueid]",

      "geometry": {

        "type": "PointLineString",

        "coordinates": [

          {

            "type": "Point",

            "coordinates": [[x], [y]]

          }

        ]

      },

      "properties": {

        "description": "[description]",

        "venue": "[venue]",

        "year": "[year]"

      }

    },

    [/feature]

  ]

}

[/resultset]

According to the instruction I added this
layer=mums&mode=nquery&qformat=geojson to the querystring. The problem is
that now the query returns all the features in the layer (the template gets
filled correctly though). I use INFO_FORMAT=text/html in the wms
getfeatureinfo query.

Any help to get this working would be appreciated, thanks

Jakub