[mapserver-users] Windows Installation

trailway trailway at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:49:59 PDT 2014

Jerome, thanks for the comment "you should use the 32 bit installer as the
packages are more up to date on this version".

There are different set of packages available when you run the 32 bit
installer versus the 64 bit installer.  You can see the differences here:

http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86_64/release/
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86/release/

In particular, Apache related packages only show up in the 32 bit installer.

That seems very confusing to me.  My goal is to run this on a 64 bit server
machine, e.g. Windows Server 2012, running in Amazon.

Which installer should I use?

If using OSGeo4W is not best practices then I'd appreciate that feedback.