[mapserver-users] Problem with Colon in WFS Layer Name

Hari Pradhan starling.lucky at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 07:27:00 PST 2014

Hello List,

I am getting the following error when requesting for WFS getfeature on the
layer which includes colon in it's name (example:
Analysis1:VolumeOut:VECTOR).

Failed to parse QName 'ms:Analysis1:'.

It looks like mapserver failed to parse the layer including colon.

But as per the documentation, the restrictions to WFS layer name is that
layer names can not start with a digit or have spaces in them. I doesn't
say anything about the colon.

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Note: The layer name is designed to include colon. We can not omit it.

Thanks,
Hari