[mapserver-users] MapServer SOS setup questions

Carsen Banister carsen.banister at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 08:05:21 PST 2014

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. Here is my OVF file, which is able to connect to the
database and return information (via Linux command line):

(sostest.ovf):

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="Stations">

<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:dbname,user=usr,password=pw,host=127.0.0.1,port=3306,ta
bles=Stations</SrcDataSource>
	  <SrcSQL>SELECT StationId, Name FROM Stations</SrcSQL>
	  <Field name="StationName" type="string" src="Name" />
	  <Field name="StationId" type="string" src="StationId" />
    </OGRVRTLayer>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="InstrumentReadings">

<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:dbname,user=usr,password=pw,host=127.0.0.1,port=3306,ta
bles=InstrumentReadings</SrcDataSource>
	  <SrcSQL>SELECT ReadingValue, ReadingTime FROM InstrumentReadings
WHERE InstrumentId = 134 LIMIT 1000</SrcSQL>
	  <Field name="Value" type="String" src="ReadingValue"/>
	  <Field name="Time" type="DateTime" src="ReadingTime"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

Here is the map file I would like to link the data to (I've omitted some
metadata entries with ...):

(sostest.map):

MAP
  NAME "SOS_server"
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 300 300
  EXTENT -66 44 -62 45
  UNITS METERS
  SHAPEPATH "./data/"
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 0

  IMAGETYPE png

  WEB
    IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"

    METADATA
    END
  END

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END

  LAYER
    NAME "OfferingStation_1"
    METADATA
	  "sos_procedure" "OfferingStation_1"
	  "sos_offering_id" "OfferingStation_1"
	  "sos_offering_name" "OfferingStation_1"
	  "sos_observedproperty_id" "Temperature_1 "
	  "sos_offering_intendedapplication" "Application"
	  "sos_offering_timeextent" "2013-11-29T00:00:00Z/"
	  "sos_describesensor_url"
"http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/msautotest/wxs/data/sos-%proc
edure%.xml?format=raw"
    END
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE POINT
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "sostest.ovf"
    DATA "Stations"

    PROJECTION
	  "init=epsg:4326"
    END
  END

  LAYER
    NAME "OfferingStation_2"
    METADATA
	  "sos_procedure" "OfferingStation_2"
	  "sos_offering_id" "OfferingStation_2"
	  "sos_offering_name" "OfferingStation_2"
	  "sos_observedproperty_id" "Temperature_2"
	  "sos_offering_intendedapplication" "Application"
	  "sos_offering_timeextent" "2013-11-29T00:00:00Z"
	  "sos_describesensor_url"
"http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/msautotest/wxs/data/sos-%proc
edure%.xml?format=raw"
    END