[mapserver-users] Label wrapping question

Dejan Gambin dejan.gambin at coin.hr
Tue Sep 23 03:32:58 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have some users wishing to use long legend labels, but they don't fit well on my site. As I can see, MapServer is doing this - if maxlength > 0 and wrap = 'char' (usually space), insert a new line at the FIRST wrap character found AFTER maxlength character. This is leading to some bad results (label not wrapped or wrapped too early).

My question is - shouldn't it be better to wrap at the LAST wrap character BEFORE maxlength character? Is this maybe implemented somewhere or there are plans for this?

Thanks very much

regards, dejan