[mapserver-users] Is there a C/C++ API for mapserver/mapscript?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Wed Apr 1 11:14:08 PDT 2015

MapServer does not have a formal, well-documented C API. However we are trying to do so and try to keep the underlying C functions consistent over time. In many cases there is a one-to-one relationship between MapScript and the C API. The easiest way to understand this would be to look at the SWIG interface files in mapscript/swiginc/*.i. Those interface files document what is done to, for instance, open a mapfile.

Another option would be to look at the helper programs that ship with MapServer and use the C API. Shp2img would be a good place to start.

Hope this helps…

Steve