[mapserver-users] mapserver 6.4.1 - special characters in legend

Carmen Delia Hernández Pérez cdhernandez at tenerife.es
Wed Apr 15 03:36:45 PDT 2015

Hi!

I am installing Mapserver 6.4.1 on CentOS 7 for publish  WMS services. I have been installing all dependencies and I compiled mapserver. Mapserver works. The WMS services work well except with legends  generation . In layers with one special character ( accent, ñ ) in its title, legend is wrong.

For example:
LAYER
                          NAME "Campos_futbol"
                          STATUS ON
                          METADATA
                                       "ows_title"          "Campos de fútbol"

When I do one GetLegendGraphic query it returns "Campos de f.tbol" in layer description because the "u character  accented" is wrong.

I don´t know where is the problem because when I do one GetFeatureInfo query  or  one GetCapabilities query,  these characters are show correctly. My apache has  ISO-8859-1 encoding by default.

GetFeatureInfo results:

Layer 'Campos_futbol'

  Feature 38:

    NOMBRE = 'Campo de Fútbol de La Matanza'

GetCapabilities results:

<Layer queryable="1" opaque="0" cascaded="0">
<Name>Campos_futbol</Name>
<Title>Campos de fútbol</Title>

Someone has idea where can be the problem? Can it be I have some library incorrect?

My Mapserver  is configured so:

# mapserv -v

MapServer version 6.4.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Thanks in advance!!

Carmen