[mapserver-users] Fwd: MapFile Generator

Marco Afonso mafonso333 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 07:14:45 PDT 2015

Hi,

MapIgniter is a web application that also has as its main purpose to create
a web interface to configure mapfiles for mapserver, although, it is based
on CodeIgniter and RedBeanPHP, which was the best approuch at that time but
now it is not.

This is a very good idea and having it as a standalone PHP application is
not bad but having it as a "module/extension" for a PHP framework/cms would
be even better.

I'm interested (as a developer) in a project like this but as a module or
extension for a well-known PHP framework/cms ie. Laravel or October CMS.

Ideally, the best approuch would be to have 3 repos:
1. Core repo (abstract, independent)
2. As standalone application (requires repo 1, the same as yours...)
3. As Extension for ie. Laravel (requires 1)

What would you think?

Keep on! :)

> Hi everyone,
>

> I’m developing a web application (PHP) to read, edit, write and preview
> MapServer mapfiles.
>

> This application uses “PHP MapScript” (
> http://www.mapserver.org/mapscript/php/) but if “PHP MapScript” is not
> available or enable, it uses an internal library to read/write mapfiles.
>

> You can find the application on GitHub :
> https://github.com/jbelien/MapFile-Generator
>
> Use with caution, it’s still an alpha release.
>

> Feel free to test it, criticize it, suggest any idea or improvement, or
> contribute J
>
> I hope you’ll like it and find it useful.
>

> Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question/suggestion
> (preferably using GitHub issues :
> https://github.com/jbelien/MapFile-Generator/issues)
>

> Have a great day.
>

> Jonathan Beliën