[mapserver-users] Mapserver support on Sun Solaris sparc platform

michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 03:30:17 PDT 2015

Satpal,

I have compiled MapServer on Solaris Sparc. The main thing you'll need is the gcc compilers for Solaris Sparc. The other main issue with Solaris Sparc was getting some dependencies to compile. I had a lot of difficulty with libkml for GDAL as a component of MapServer and never did get that component to build. So as long as your dependency needs are modest, you definitely can compile and use MapServer on Solaris Sparc. But not very many people use Sparc so getting help when there is a problem is difficult.

Michael Smith
Remote Sensing/GIS Center
US Army Corps of Engineers