[mapserver-users] Keeping labels clear of a specific path

Matt McClelland matt at wildwalks.com
Tue Dec 1 01:15:09 PST 2015

Hi All

I am using mapserver 7 to make maps for a hiking website.
I am wanting to keep labels from covering the main hiking path for each map.

Labels such at the park name, waypoint names etc tend to sit over the main
track and at times hide the intersections.

I am using a map file and WMS requests to make the maps

Is there a way to kindly ask mapserver to create a label buffer about a
particular line feature? (so that no labels are drawn over that line)

thanks

Matt  :)

<http://www.wildwalks.com/office/newsletters/>