[mapserver-users] PHP 7.0.0. experience

Marco Afonso mafonso333 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:11:43 PST 2015

Hello Jeff,

I don't know which criteria you use to decide about php version to use with
mapscript but here are some facts:

Debian 8 (2015-04-26) uses PHP 5.6
Ubuntu 14.04 uses PHP 5.5.9
Fedora 22 (2015-05-26) uses PHP 5.6
CentOS 7 uses PHP 5.4
Ubuntugis Unstable has a built for trusty (14.04) which uses 5.5

So I think mapscript should stick with version 5.5 for now...

Cheers :)

> Hi everyone,
>
> I saw a brief mention that PHP-7.0.0 release was being tagged today by the
> PHP team; I am not sure if that is true or not, but it made me wonder if
> anyone out there in the MapServer community has tried PHP 7 (any of the
> release candidates) and mapscript yet.  Anyone have any experience or
> thoughts?
>
> I am of course keen to upgrade to PHP7 for the MS4W (http://ms4w.com)
> community, and am looking for advice or experience using PHP7.
>
> Thanks everyone,
>
> -jeff
>

> --
> Jeff McKenna
> MapServer Consulting and Training Services
> http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Regards,
Marco Afonso
http://goo.gl/ZDtQjm