[mapserver-users] contour layers with tileindex issues

Kralidis, Tom (EC/EC) tom.kralidis at canada.ca
Mon Dec 14 07:23:22 PST 2015

Hi all: using 6.4.1 we are attempting to display (via WMS) GRIB2 data as a contour layer backed by a tileindex setup.  Invoking a basic WMS 1.3.0 GetMap request returns the following ServiceExceptionReport:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'RDPS.ETA_PN'.
msContourLayerOpen(): Image handling error. Unable to open GDAL dataset.
msBuildPath: Unable to access file.
msBuildPath: Unable to access file.
msContourLayerSetTimeFilter(): General error message. Assertion failed: Contour layer not opened!!!

When I point directly to a single GRIB2 file (via the DATA directive), all works as expected.

Layer definition snippet below.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?  Or whether this is a suitable workaround?  Note we are bound to UbuntuGIS stable.

Thanks

..Tom

LAYER
 NAME "RDPS.ETA_PN"
 STATUS ON
 DEBUG OFF
 TILEINDEX "/data/tileindex/foo.shp"  # doesn't work
 # DATA "/data/foo.grib2"  # works
 TYPE LINE
 CONNECTIONTYPE CONTOUR
PROCESSING "BAND=1"