[mapserver-users] copyright, logos, etc

Julien Cigar jcigar at ulb.ac.be
Thu Feb 5 05:41:40 PST 2015

Hello,

I'm using Mapserver to generate maps for various PostGIS layers and it
works pretty well, especially with SLD to filter WMS requests.

Now the users want to include:
- a logo (PNG file) in the upper right corner
- a copyright text at the bottom center of the page
- a text "generated at ..." with the date

For now I have the following MAP file:
https://gist.github.com/silenius/545d479132981dc5a55a (only relevant
parts are shown)

For the logo and the copyright text it works more or less (although it
seems "über complicated" for such simple thing, but maybe there is a
simpler way of doing it ?), the only problem I have is that if I change
the WIDTH and HEIGHT of the map the things disappear, as the POINTS in
the FEATURE section don't fit the map size. I wonder if there is a
simple way to tell Mapserver to "just put that 20px .PNG file in the
upper right corner of the generated map" or something like that .. ?

Any idea how could I do for the generated date ?

Thanks !

Julien

--
Julien Cigar