[mapserver-users] copyright, logos, etc

Eichner, Andreas - SID Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Wed Feb 11 06:55:37 PST 2015

> Thanks, I'll try it that way. Another idea I had was to create a POINT
> layer with a FEATURE POINTS x y END END and use that layer in my SLD
> stylesheet (which is generated dynamically) with a
> <TextSymbolizer><Label>sometextblabla</Label> ... </TextSymbolizer> like
> on https://gist.github.com/silenius/1f4a020f35a4113cdd4d but it seems
> that it's unsupported by Mapserver (if I understand well
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/blob/master/mapogcsld.c#L2706 )

You're right. That's unsupported. But to me it looks as you could cheat by using an empty <PropertyName/>:

<TextSymbolizer><Label>This static text will be displayed<PropertyName/></Label></TextSymbolizer>

> Would it be possible in the future to add support for a CDATA-like
> section that goes directly within the FEATURE -> TEXT part of the layer?

I guess a basic implementation wouldn't be too hard to implement. But many elements of symbology encoding map to se:ParameterValueType which is a mixture of text nodes and ogc:expressions and this is generally not very well supported. I'd guess this needs huge reworking on both parser and engine...

So, to get at least the simple cases supported you might want to file a ticket.