[mapserver-users] copyright, logos, etc

Julien Cigar jcigar at ulb.ac.be
Wed Feb 11 07:39:03 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 02:55:37PM +0000, Eichner, Andreas - SID wrote:

> > Thanks, I'll try it that way. Another idea I had was to create a POINT
> > layer with a FEATURE POINTS x y END END and use that layer in my SLD
> > stylesheet (which is generated dynamically) with a
> > <TextSymbolizer><Label>sometextblabla</Label> ... </TextSymbolizer> like
> > on https://gist.github.com/silenius/1f4a020f35a4113cdd4d but it seems
> > that it's unsupported by Mapserver (if I understand well
> > https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/blob/master/mapogcsld.c#L2706 )
>
> You're right. That's unsupported. But to me it looks as you could cheat by using an empty <PropertyName/>:
>
> <TextSymbolizer><Label>This static text will be displayed<PropertyName/></Label></TextSymbolizer>

more or less, it seems that there are some serious issues with the XML
parser:

The following doesn't work:
<se:Label><ogc:PropertyName />foo</se:Label>

The following returns a strange "msFontsetLookupFonts(): TrueType Font error. Requested font (^A) not found.":
<se:Label>
    <ogc:PropertyName />foo
</se:Label>

With:
<se:Label>
    <ogc:PropertyName /> foo
</se:Label>

it works more or less, it display (foo                     )

etc

> > Would it be possible in the future to add support for a CDATA-like
> > section that goes directly within the FEATURE -> TEXT part of the layer?
> >

> I guess a basic implementation wouldn't be too hard to implement. But many elements of symbology encoding map to se:ParameterValueType which is a mixture of text nodes and ogc:expressions and this is generally not very well supported. I'd guess this needs huge reworking on both parser and engine...
>
> So, to get at least the simple cases supported you might want to file a ticket.

I'll do that ..!

Thanks,
Julien

--