[mapserver-users] Not able to read Read MultiLineString and multigeometry coordinate with geotools in KML file

satpal bhandari satpal82bhandari at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:51:54 PST 2015

Hi Team ,

We are using planning to set up mapserver with geotools.version:12-RC1.

We are planning the below approach :

1. Input file KML1.
2. Read KML1 with geotoolls . Get all the details likes folders ,
placemarkers etc with java code.
3. Creating KML2 file on the fly with the details got in step2 so that this
KLM2 file can be used with a standard .map file which will have color
coding style as needed in our application(We are following this as
mapserver is not able to read kml file's style.).

Let me know if the above approach make sense.

As a POC we found that below issues :

1. geotools is not able to read MultiLineString  tag in KML input file.
2. After reading any coordinate , geotool is only giving the long/lat in
returned coordinate , it is not giving the altitude written in kml file.
Does it matters to our mapserver to process final kml

Please suggest.

Regards
Satpal