[mapserver-users] WFS filter creates a query using a number instead of text

bteluk at gmail.com bteluk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:28:32 PST 2015

I can't shine any light on the problem but I have encountered the same
problem.  Using MapServer v6.0.3, with Postgres 9.1.3, PostGIS v 1.5.3, GDAL
v1.8.0.WFS Posted Query looks like this:The DescribeFeatureType for that
layer shows the following for the attribute:PostgreSQL has the attribute
field specified as a string:Server responds:Postgres Log shows:Certainly
appears that the query put to PostGIS is incorrect - it's not quoting the
literal value.I have a similar MapServer layer that's based on ESRI
Shapefile - same effective attribute set up, and it works fine - of course
it's not going via PostgreSQL/PostGIS - so it seems that the problem is
specific to the PostgreSQL/PostGIS interface?I tried mucking around with
including PostgreSQL casts on the literal eg. "3168::text", using
"CAST(pcode as int)" on the PropertyName etc with no luck.  Using
"PropertyIsLike" did work, but is not an ideal solution.