[mapserver-users] compiling error core.c in mapcache with cygwin

Gery gamejihou at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 16:46:02 PST 2015

Thanks Thomas, I just got an email from the Cygwin mailing list saying that threads were not enabled in the APR library because the unit tests didn't pass with them, so that's the problem as you pointed out. I'd like to hack the mapcache codebase but no idea how to start hacking it to get it working without threads, but if you could give me some hints such as what files are involved (I imagine only core.c), which sections/lines would be involved, sure I could do it, I'd appreciate it. If I get that working, sure other people can test that in Cygwin and your audience will eventually increase :)

Gery

Sent from my iRon

On Jan 10, 2015, at 19:02, "thomas bonfort [via OSGeo.org]" <ml-node+s1560n5180958h24 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

>From http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/201209.mbox/%3C4994179EC7ED6843AAB0A30A1639E7F825143612EF@...%3E it would seem that threads are not supported by Apr on cygwin. Currently mapcache does not support unthreaded environments so there's nothing you can do without hacking the mapcache codebase. I believe the change would not be very extensive as the source WMS fetches only need to be sequentialized instead of parralelized in core.c

Thomas.

On Jan 11, 2015 7:50 AM, "thomas bonfort" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What apr version are you using?
> On Jan 3, 2015 10:15 PM, "Gery ." <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When installing mapcache in cygwin, `make` produced:
>>
>>     /opt/mapcache/mapcache-rel-1-2-1/lib/core.c: In function ‘mapcache_prefetch_tiles’:
>>     /opt/mapcache/mapcache-rel-1-2-1/lib/core.c:81:3: error: unknown type name ‘apr_thread_t’
>>        apr_thread_t **threads;
>>        ^
>>     /opt/mapcache/mapcache-rel-1-2-1/lib/core.c:82:3: error: unknown type name ‘apr_threadattr_t’
>>        apr_threadattr_t *thread_attrs;
>>        ^
>>     /opt/mapcache/mapcache-rel-1-2-1/lib/core.c:83:7: warning: unused variable ‘nthreads’ [-Wunused-variable]
>>        int nthreads;
>>            ^
>>     /opt/mapcache/mapcache-rel-1-2-1/lib/core.c:82:21: warning: unused variable ‘thread_attrs’ [-Wunused-variable]
>>        apr_threadattr_t *thread_attrs;
>>                          ^
>>     /opt/mapcache/mapcache-rel-1-2-1/lib/core.c:81:18: warning: unused variable ‘threads’ [-Wunused-variable]
>>        apr_thread_t **threads;
>>                       ^
>>
>> I searched for some hints about this error but didn't find anything. Looking for `apr_thread_t` and cygwin, I found some pages pointing to an error with apache, but not really sure if apache has something to do here.
>>
>> thanks for any hints on this,
>>
>> Gery
NAML