[mapserver-users] reverse the order of shapes of a layer

Scout topdog at narginen.com
Fri Jan 23 11:46:23 PST 2015

Hello,

I am using phpmapscript with mapserver 6.4.1.

I would like to be able to reverse the order of the shapes in a layer
before drawing the map.

I want to draw the map both ways, actually.  I need it drawn
right-side-up and up-side-down.  It is simple to reverse the order of
the layers of the map, just (in phpmapscript):

##################
    // make arrays to hold the current and reversed orders
    $layerOrder = array ();
    $layerOrder = $map->getlayersdrawingorder();
    $reversed = array_reverse($layerOrder);

    // reverse the order for upside-down
    $r = $map->setlayersdrawingorder($reversed);

    // reset the order for upside-up
    $r = $map->setlayersdrawingorder($layerOrder);

Is there something equivalent for the shapes within a layer?  Maybe a
layer PROCESSING directive SQL call like: "select * from layer order by
fid desc"?  Or define the layer with OGR CONNECTIONTYPE and CONNECTION
back to itself and a SQL call like above??  Maybe I need to build a new
layer adding the shapes in reversed order?

Thanks!