[mapserver-users] change htdocs directory

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 11:40:29 PST 2015

TC,
If you want to change the root document path, then inside httpd.conf you must change the DocumentRoot value. MS4W has it like this:

DocumentRoot "/ms4w/Apache/htdocs"

So you could change it to
DocumentRoot "/ms4w/geomoose"
Then http://localhost will lead you to the /ms4w/geomoose contents. Remember always to restart the Apache service after modifying httpd.conf
If you want to add a path to be reached by an URL (i.e. http;//localhost/geomoose), then you have to create a file called "httpd_geomoose" inside the httpd.d directory with the following configuration:
Alias /geomoose "/ms4w/apps/geomoose/"

<Directory "/ms4w/apps/geomoose2/htdocs/">
  AllowOverride None
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

Then restart Apache service. It is important that the file name starts with "httpd_", because Apache looks for this pattern when it starts to load its configuration.

Another thing you have to watch (I think this can be happening to you) is that if you add a slash to the alias in the httpd_xxx file (i.e. Alias /geomoose/), then you have to call the URL with the slash at the end, otherwise it doesn't work, you will receive the HTTP 1.1 404 error. That is why I prefeer to remove it from alias.

Try this !

Mtro. Carlos Ruiz