[mapserver-users] MapCache WMS request zoom level

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Jul 15 10:24:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean with zoom level and WMS. WMS is not limited to fixed zoom levels. GetMap request has geometric extent (BBOX) and size of the output image (width and height) as paremeters and those together gives all possible scales. But perhaps you can clarify what your aim is and what happens when zoom level seems to be all wrong. Screen captures about desired and current result might help.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Dash wrote:

> Aloha folks,

> we have created a tileset using mapcache.  Now we are trying to access an image using wms, however, the zoom level is all wrong.  Is there a way to specify zoom level as a parameters in the wms request?

thanks.