[mapserver-users] Mapfile classifying using two separate raster files?

Matt McClelland matt at wildwalks.com
Wed Jul 22 23:54:09 PDT 2015

Hi

I have two raster files one for vegetation and one for population density.
The two rasters (tif's) are at different scales

I am using value based classification to paint the map green where
vegetation values are high.
Is there a way I can classify based on values from the two separate files
in the same layer
I can't see how this will  work as you can only have one data item per
layer?? (but worth asking)

I am wanting to be able to do something like

EXPRESSION ([veg] <= 50 and [population] > 500)

The only option I can think of is to make the two files into a single
multiband tiff?  This seems wasteful as one is much lower resolution then
the other.

thoughts??

thanks

Matt  :)