[mapserver-users] ANN: Magnacarto - convert CartoCSS to MapServer map files

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Fri Jul 31 09:29:53 PDT 2015

Hey Oliver: Thanks! Any information is appreciated... Regarding your questions:

  - multiple attributes in symbol names: That's possible if you're using a RSBMS backend since you can create the combined symbol name as a new attribute and then reference that. It's not possible for plain old shapefiles.

  - style defaults: definitely something we could do better on. That said, INCLUDES can be used to do this now so you can do:

STYLE
  INCLUDE 'default.style'
  ... override defaults...
END
LABEL
  INCLUDE 'default.label'
  ... override defaults...
END

Not sure how realistic it would be for Magnacarto to write a main mapfile supported with default blocks stored externally.

Steve