[mapserver-users] 4 band wms

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Mar 12 11:14:21 PDT 2015

Hi,

With PROCESSING - BANDS http://www.mapserver.org/input/raster.html you can make one layer RGB and another for CIR. Once RFC 109

http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-109.html is implemented it will be possible to use one layer and let users to select the bands by including a variable with the GetMap requests. Read also

http://osdir.com/ml/mapserver-development/2015-02/msg00032.html.<http://osdir.com/ml/mapserver-development/2015-02/msg00032.html> I am not sure if this works already in Mapserver 7.0-beta.

For RGB and CIR the two layer approach could be easier for both the users and administrators but situation will be different if there are more bands to select from, for example Landsat scenes. There may be also need to adjust colors with SCALE or LUT at the same.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

--
> Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov<mailto:doug_newcomb at fws.gov>
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.