[mapserver-users] How use a spatialite as tileindex for raster

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Mar 18 05:40:20 PDT 2015

Hi,

I use a batch file which creates own shapefile tileindex for each orthophoto directory because I need separate shapefiles for another purpose, snippet here:
gdaltindex -t_srs epsg:3067 -write_absolute_path -src_srs_name src_srs %1.shp /%1/*.TIF

 and another batch file that combines them into Spatialite to be used with Mapserver:

ogr2ogr -f "SQLite" -dsco spatialite=yes -dsco init_with_epsg=yes -a_srs epsg:3067 ortho.sqlite dir_0.shp -nln orthos
ogr2ogr -update -append -a_srs epsg:3067 ortho.sqlite dir_1.shp -nln orthos
ogr2ogr -update -append -a_srs epsg:3067 ortho.sqlite dir_2.shp -nln orthos

Spatialite suits me perfectly because I can add some metadata into it and then make layers by attributes like acquisition year:
LAYER
NAME "orthos_2011"
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
CONNECTION "/ortho.sqlite"
DATA "select * from orthos where year=2011"

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Schylberg Lars wrote:

> Hi

> Looking at your old example I became curious.  Did You use gdaltindex to create the indexfile in spatialite or did You do in some other way?
The -f option in gdaltindex seems like a rather recent addition that I haven't tried.

/Lars