[mapserver-users] Getcapabilities extremely slow in version 6.4.1

aabhayas A.Abhayasinghe at bom.gov.au
Sun Mar 22 16:28:31 PDT 2015

Hi

I have created an issue in github. I am uploading the test map files in to
this post ( I could not work out a way to upload mapfiles in to github)

https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/5081

I have attached two map files and two map part files which can be used to
reproduce this bug.

Map file layer_group.map uses layer_group.map.part which has LAYER_GROUPS
defined.

Map file no_layer_group.map uses no_layer_group.map.part which has no
LAYER_GROUPS defined.

I use the following command line in my server to time the getcapabilities
requests.

/time /web/cgi-bin/mapserv -nh
"QUERY_STRING=map=/web/ms4w/apps/tutorial/htdocs/layer_group.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities"/

/time /web/cgi-bin/mapserv -nh
"QUERY_STRING=map=/web/ms4w/apps/tutorial/htdocs/no_layer_group.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities"/
layer_group.map
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5194857/layer_group.map>
layer_group.part
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5194857/layer_group.part>