[mapserver-users] stretching imagery in MapServer

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon May 25 07:17:45 PDT 2015

Hi,

As far as I know automatic stretch by standard deviation is not supported. You can do automatic min-max stretch with PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO". If your source data is uniform you may reach a good result with manual scale settings or with PROCESSING "LUT=  "

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Mark Volz wrote:

Hello,

I added our new Pictometry Air Photos on our mapping site at http://geomoose.lyonco.org/geomoose2/geomoose.html.  The air photos seem somewhat washed out.  In ArcGIS I was able to get a nicer looking image by stretching the air photo using standard deviations.  Can we stretch imagery in MapServer?  If not please let me know if you have a comment regarding how I can improve the image quality.

Thanks
Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP