[mapserver-users] Named WMS styles - CLASSGROUP and GROUP

lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Wed May 27 07:16:45 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have tried to understand how to create named styles in a WMS configuration, for some time.
I would like to have one style that is color and one style for grey scale.

The manual says the You can do that:

http://mapserver.org/ogc/sld.html#named-styles-support

With the basic set up I get this error when I try and to specify: styles=grey or styles=color

msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid style (color). Mapserver is expecting an empty string for the STYLES : STYLES= or STYLES=,,, or using keyword default  STYLES=default,default, ..

I have also looked at:

http://mapserver.org/ogc/inspire.html#style-section-for-root-layer-and-possibly-existing-group-layers

but I haven't understood that clearly. I don't understand how You set up the different style options.

When I try to play with wms_style or wms_style_name in main WEB METADATA block
and web_style_group_name in layer METEDATA block I get this this error:

msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Style (color) not defined on root layer. or
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Style (grey) not defined on root layer.

I have created one example mapfile that is easy to understand and that should isolate the problem.
I works fine with styles= set to nothing.

Test url used:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/_YOUR_PATH_/style_test.map
&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=Getmap&VERSION=1.1.1
&LAYERS=circles,squares
&styles=grey
&srs=EPSG:4326
&BBOX=0,0,20,15
&FORMAT=application/openlayers
&WIDTH=200&HEIGHT=150

or

mapserv -nh "QUERY_STRING=map=/_YOUR_PATH_/style_test.map\
&SERVICE=WMS\
&REQUEST=Getmap\
&VERSION=1.1.1\
&LAYERS=ST\
&styles=grey\
&srs=EPSG:4326\
&BBOX=0,0,20,15\
&FORMAT=png\
&WIDTH=200&HEIGHT=150" > test.png

/Lars

testfile: style_test.map
----------------------------------
MAP
    NAME ST
    EXTENT 0 0 20 15
    SIZE 200 150
    UNITS DD
    IMAGECOLOR 200 200 200
    CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/tmp/style_test.log"
    DEBUG 5

    OUTPUTFORMAT
      NAME 'AGG'
      DRIVER AGG/PNG