[mapserver-users] Issue adding mapcache into AutoCAD Civil 3D via WMS

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Fri May 29 07:52:36 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am having trouble loading the MapCache WMS layers into AutoCAD Civil 3D.  I set the projection to my county coordinates, which is what MapCache uses.  Next I loaded the MapCache WMS server.  Unfortunately I got an error:

There was a problem adding data to Map.
Failed to get bands data.
The HTTP request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.

I was able to load other WMS layers in AutoCAD.
In ArcMap, I initially received an error that there is no <grid> with suitable srs found for the layer.  This issue was quickly resolved when I changed the coordinate system to county coordinates?

Questions:

If possible, What needs to be done so that I can load mapcache layers into AutoCAD Civil 3D?  Do I just need to break down and cache the WGS 84 grid?

Thank You

Sincerely,
Mark Volz